Prefer a wider range of options? Take a look! All require advance arrangements!
* After breakfast we'll leave for the Bay of Arcachon to taste oysters! And walk along the oceanside. A seafood picnic lunch right along the bay and then for those who want more exercise after all this wonderful food we'll visit Europe's highest sand dune that looks out to the ocean on one side and on the other to a sea of pine trees in the famous forest of the Lands. Then back to the millhouse. Seasonal.
* Pilgrim for a day – after breakfast we’ll leave for a long day’s walk from Miradoux to Flammarons with lunch and your very own Coquille to keep. Seasonal.
* UNESCO World Heritage Site: 12C St Emilion for a wine tasting, lunch, and an afternoon of exploring on your own. With its monolithique church, wine cellars, narrow little streets and boutiques the afternoon will go by quickly before coming back to the millhouse.
* A day in Bordeaux to visit the best markets. Explore the ethnicity of today’s Bordeaux with an exotic lunch.
* A day in the Sauterne or Medoc AOC wine country with private visits to some of the most famous château as well as those wonderful little addresses only known to the locals..
* Barge down the Baise River. Piquenique Lunch.
* Foraging and cooking with mushrooms – with a local guide.
* Farm visits and learning more about sustainable life ala Frances.
* Making your very own levain and sourdough bread – be a boulangere for a day (minimum 2 days for this!)
* Cycle to the round bastide of Fources (or another nearby village).
* Hot thermal baths at a nearby resort.